- 2 cups of very finely chopped cabbage
- 2 medium seeded and finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 shredded carrot
- 10 minced coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup yellow chana dal
- 1/2tspn chat masala
- salt-according to taste
- 1/2tspn black pepper powder
- Soak the chana dal for at least 2 hours in lukewarm water.
- When ready, the dal should be soft all around.
- Drain the water from chana dal.
- Mix the chana dal with the chopped vegetables.
- Sprinkle chat masala ,salt and black pepper powder.
- Add lime juice.
- Gently mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
- Substitute chana dal with split yellow moong dal or moong dal sprouts.
- You can substitute the dal with boiled corn and finely chopped bell pepper.