- Gram flour (besan)- 4 cups
- Cashewnuts- 12-15
- Almonds- 12-15
- Ghee - 1 cup
- Green cardamom powder- 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar- 2 cups
1. Sieve besan through a fine sieve and set aside.
2. Coarsely grind cashewnuts and almonds and keep aside.
3. Melt ghee in a kadai and add besan . Cook on low heat till besan is well done and gives out an aroma. This normally takes about fifteen to twenty minutes. Add cardamom powder, ground cashewnuts and almonds. Stir and take it off the heat.
4. Let it cool for a while. Finally add powdered sugar and mix well. You may use your hands to mix this.
5. Shape into walnut-sized spherical shaped ladoos and store in an airtight container.
Tip: While serving Besan Ladoos that have been kept for a few days in the refrigerator, warm them for fifteen to twenty seconds in the microwave. They will not only become soft but also seem freshly made.