- Mutton-1/2 kilo
- Onion medium size-3
- Mustard oil-3 and 1/2 tbspn
- Bay leaf large-1
- Surar-1/3 tspn
- Salt-to taste
For Masala Paste:
- Onion medium-1
- garlic -1 small pod
- ginget-1 inch(finely chopped)
- green cardamom -3
- cinamom one inch stick-2
- dry red chilli-2 to 3
- cumin seed-3/4 tspn
- Turmeric powder-1tspn
- salt-1/2 tspn
- mustard oil-1 tspn
- Wash mutton properly and keep sometime to discard water from it.Add all the marination ingredients to the mutton and mix well and keep aside for half an hour.
- Grind all the masala mentioned above and make a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a wok and put sugar.When the colour of sugr turns reddish brown add chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
- Now add the ground masala paste,cover lid and fry it.Now add salt to this and mix well.Fry it nicely by adding water in between.Fry till oil comes out of it.(Remember this will take some time as masala needs to be fried well)
- Add the marinated mutton pieces to this and cook it.Cover lid.Cook till meat becomes soft.This takes time to be cooked properly.
- Now mutton masala (mansa kasa) is ready .
- If you want gravy then transfer this to a pressure cooker,put the bay leaf and add 2 and 1/2 cup water,2 small potato and pressure cook for 20 minutes.Allow it to cool naturally
- Serve hot with steam rice and tomato chutney.
- Goes well with puri also.
- It's a mouth watering dish.